CoastalShoresPack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Advisory Council Applications (late/shot)
The Champ. My Hero. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:11 am by Mikazaru

» New Years + Announcement and Council Applications!
The Champ. My Hero. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:47 pm by Mikazaru

» A sad announcement (it's about time)...
The Champ. My Hero. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 3:45 pm by Laika

» Blacktalon - A Wolf RP to Fill the Void in Our Lives
The Champ. My Hero. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 9:04 am by Kivuli

» Temporary leave, please give this a read.
The Champ. My Hero. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:12 pm by Lara

» What's on you song list?
The Champ. My Hero. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:31 pm by Blackfoot

» Count to 35 before an Alpha posts
The Champ. My Hero. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:18 pm by Blackfoot

» Ban the person above you!
The Champ. My Hero. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 pm by Mikazaru

» Bakers Dozen
The Champ. My Hero. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 pm by Mikazaru

» Smack it, Throw it, Leave it, Burn it, Keepit, Eat it.
The Champ. My Hero. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:20 am by Mikazaru

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Summer
Season
It is summer in the territory of the Coastal Shores Pack. Usually in this season, prey is plentiful, the territory is granted several days of rare sunshine and heat, and the wolves are managing well. However, it can also bring the threat of rejuvenated predators such as bears.
Weather
RAIN STORM

Heavy drops of water are pouring all over the Coastal Shores territory. Black clouds and blinding rain keep most wolves in the den, waiting for it to stop.

The Champ. My Hero.

3 posters

Go down

The Champ. My Hero. Empty The Champ. My Hero.

Post by Laika Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:08 pm

The Champ. My Hero.
by ~IntoGreendarkness

It was my first day. I was so small but I bubbled with overflowing excitement. Skipping towards the track, with bobbing blonde pigtails and a big grin plastered on my face. I dashed away, jumping into any event that was going on. I didn't care, I wanted to do everything.

Then I saw it. I saw something shoot through the air and spear the ground, my heart yearned for it.

I remember feeling my fingers slipping over the immense 'spear', as I called it. A wave of joy and nerves, coursed through my veins as I pulled my arms back and threw. I remember the way it flew into the grey cloudy sky of Wales. Aim higher, more powerful. I tried and I tried but I felt like a failure when it didn't soar through the sky like the older kid's did.

Then you came over and gave me courage and confidence. You made me believe I could do it, you were right. The simple gesture of making me believe that you were making my muscle grow. That's all it took. It was silly but it worked. I threw away and watched it pilot through the air before colliding against the grass. It flew further than before. I finally did it. I smiled and let out of a giggle of triumph when you told me 'See, you could always do it'. I still smile as that memory lingers inside me.

I moved onto bigger and harder events but never gave up. Even when they looked impossible, I still tried. Even after my first defeat, I tried again and again. My heart grew on throwing. I wanted to be the best, just like you. I still do. I never gave up on my dream on being the best, even though I was defeated a lot. I remembered that I had to do this, I wanted to do this, but not just for me but for my team and everyone who believed in me.

I remember when you gave me my first award , it was such a simple thing, something that anyone could get but to get it from you, that's what made it special. A single lolly pop, that's all it was but it held value in my heart. Of course as a kid, I didn't think of treasuring it and keeping it, casing it proudly on the wall, I just plopped it in my mouth and sucked and munched away.

I remember me helping you demonstrate some of the muscle techniques. You could have used any of the other kids, most of the time you did. But when you selected me, a wall of pride burst free and danced through me. You most likely picked me because I was the smallest and maybe the lightest but I still wanted to make you proud and do it right.

Your little girl, your daughter, will be just like you. A hero. She is and will be for many people, including me. She will make you proud as she has done for many years. She'll lead us into a new generation of winners and champions, just like you did.

You passed on your wisdom to the best people in the world. They now carry on your legacy. They'll do you proud, I'm sure of it. We'll make it big, as you, 'The Champ', said ' We are the best club in Wales'. We may be small but we will make it, our hearts and spirits will always shine. We will not succumb to other clubs just because they are bigger. You taught us that. Never give up. You've made us proud of being in your family. You made me proud of being in your family.

Now here I am. No longer a little girl but a young lady. Not that many would call me a lady, maybe a 'chatter box', that sounds more familiar. Hoping to carry on your legacy. Use all that you have taught me and use it to help others, just like you did with me. Though you may not have remembered me as it was so long since I had seen you, but I will always remember you.

Your memory will always carry on.

Sleep well, Champ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30/11/2011.

My Athletics coach passed away. He's the one who trained me as a girl. He's the one who believed that a small little club like ours could reach the top. You know what, he's right.

I didn't want to write how sad I feel right now. I want to remember all the good times and what he has made me into today. I didn't want this to be a masterpiece. I just wanted to write something for him.

My heart is with his family and his friends. Rhondda Athletics will alway remember you, Bill.

I was looking through some old folders and found this. This was very hard time for me but I reflect on it and I don't feel sad but happy about what memories I've made.

My hero.
Laika
Laika
Vagaries
Vagaries

Back to top Go down

The Champ. My Hero. Empty Re: The Champ. My Hero.

Post by Scare Crow Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:21 am

laika your a truely talented writer, though you say you didn't want this to be a masterpiece, it truely is one as tribute to your coach.

Scare Crow

Back to top Go down

Post by Laika Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Thank you so much Very Happy
Laika
Laika
Vagaries
Vagaries

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackfoot Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:30 pm

So sorry to here about your coach, Lakes Sad but like Scare Crow said, beautifully written and emotional. I loved it!
Blackfoot
Blackfoot
Alphas
Alphas

https://coastalshorespack.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Laika Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Thank you. Very Happy
Laika
Laika
Vagaries
Vagaries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum